If you’ve got an elegant closet of men’s or women’s wear, then dry cleaning is the ultimate thing you need to take care of. Dry cleaning has its place when it comes to your closet maintenance efforts.
You might wonder why some clothes have tags, “Dry Clean Only”, but why is it so? Are they sensitive to detergents or washing machines? Why are the best dry cleaners London always preferred to deal with liable clothing?
Let’s find this out together!
Challenges of Cleaning Delicate Clothes At Home
Traditional laundry methods, such as using a washboard and a clothes wringer, were labour-intensive and time-consuming compared to today’s sophisticated methods.
But why is dry cleaning preferred over laundry for some clothes? It may be because of their sensitivity towards detergents.
Common laundry mistakes are frustrating because they can ruin your clothes, lengthen your washing routine, and even make your house less safe.
Here are some mistakes you may make when washing your linens at home:
- Detergents have enzymes, like Protease, which can cause irreversible damage to natural protein fibres like wool and cotton.
- For certain clothes, laundry can fade them by damaging the fabric.
- Laundry may be counterproductive when removing tough stains.
- Excessive washing can also damage your washing machine.
- On average, people put 33% more liquid detergent in their washing machine than they need. Obviously, when you use detergents in bulk, you’d ruin your clothes.
Benefits of Dry Cleaning Your Delicate Clothes
As the name suggests, dry cleaning is cleaning clothes without using water. This means no detergents to ruin your linens.
Given below are some ways dry cleaning can clean your sensitive clothes without causing any damage:
Soft on Clothes
Dry cleaning preserves your cclothing’s olour, softness, and brightness ohanks to the solvents employed in the process. Dry cleaners take special care to avoid damaging your clothes by causing them to shrink, lose colour, or change texture. Organic solvents are the way to get rid of stubborn stains.
Extends the Life of Garments
Following the care instructions, you may get more wear out of your clothes. Clothing cared for by regular and proper dry cleaning will last much longer. To preserve the upstanding of your garment, have it dry-cleaned by a professional. One of the best ways to extend your garments’ life is to regularly subject them to dry cleaning.
Clean Natural Fibre
- Natural fibres like wool and silk can shrink when washed in water or by hand. If you have any natural fibres, dry cleaning is your best bet. It swiftly dissolves dirt and debris from natural fibres without damaging the fabric. Expert dry cleaners have the experience and knowledge to remove various stains using the most effective techniques.
Removes Odour and Foul Smell
Getting rid of stains and odours is a major obstacle when washing garments. Your clothing may pick up scents from your body, perfume, cigarettes, campfires, and other sources. Having your clothes dry cleaned by the best dry cleaners London eliminates any unwanted odours.
Dry cleaning with ozone is a safe and effective method of deodorising clothing and eliminating unpleasant odours from the human body. Ozone oxidises odours in your clothes, removing them and producing oxygen gas.
Moths & Insects
Moths and insects can be attracted to clothing that hasn’t been properly cleaned. However, if your clothes have been dry cleaned, you won’t have to fret over pest infestations like moths and insects.
There is direct and indirect damage that can be done to your clothing by insects. Moths, for example, feast on wool and other natural fabrics, destroying them. Itching and inflammation of the skin are two more ways in which insects can be harmful.
Removes Hard Stains
Red wine and tomato sauce stains are notoriously difficult to remove from clothing. However, the thing is yours to keep. You should get it to the dry cleaner as soon as possible after you get the stain before it dries up. Dry cleaning has the ability to remove all kinds of stains that are difficult to wash out merely with laundry. Avoid using stain removers on garments that can only be dry-cleaned, as they often set stains and make them more challenging to remove.
What Kinds of Garments Need Dry Cleaners Services?
Dry cleaning is recommended to preserve the quality of formal wear, winter jackets, and business attire. Silks and wools are particularly vulnerable to harm from washing machines. If you want to be safe, have your clothes professionally dry clean. The structure of your garments will be maintained, and your clothes will continue to look great after dry cleaning.
You should employ the best dry cleaners London on the following fabrics:
These are just a few from the long list of clothes that only need dry cleaning. Make sure to have a look at the tag behind your clothes. If it says, “Dry Clean Only”, don’t wash them at home. Instead, send it to a professional dry cleaning company.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Dry Cleaning Company
For those who need experience, dry cleaning can be disastrous for their clothes. Therefore, it is strongly suggested that you seek expert help. To avoid destroying your linens in the cleaning process, take them to a reputable dry cleaner. They will also remove any stains you have tried and failed to remove.
By following these steps, find a dry cleaner that uses organic cleaning products in your area.
- You can begin your search for a dry cleaner in your area by using a search engine like Google. This will generate a list of feasible alternatives for you to consider.
- Call a couple of different places after you have a shortlist assembled and inquire about their cleaning services and methods. Inquire as to whether or not they use any environmentally friendly gadgets. That’s encouraging if it turns out to be the case.
- Go to the dry cleaner in person. You can observe their procedures and examine their machinery with this opportunity. You know you’ve located a dry cleaner if everything checks out.
- Likewise, take advantage of any membership deals that come your way. Use them to save money on dry cleaning by qualifying for deals and other incentives.
Companies that offer dry cleaning services are essential for people who own delicate clothes and fabrics. Dry cleaning companies use organic solvents and techniques to clean clothes and fabrics, which helps them last longer and look their best.
A dry cleaning company also can remove stains that regular laundry detergents cannot.
Keep your closet fresh with the best dry cleaners London, Gold Dry Cleaners!