Tumble Dryer Guidelines
When the weather is nice, many of us like to put our wet clothes on the line or set up a drying rack. But when it is cold and damp, tumble drying is the only option. Not only are clothes less wrinkled (and therefore easier to iron) but also the convenience factor is hard to beat. However, do check the care label to make sure your item is safe for the tumble dryer. If you are unsure, check our “Washing Symbols Explained” guide.
We have included a few helpful tips and tricks to make the most of your tumble dryer and keep your clothes looking their best.
- Fill your tumble dryer till it is about three-quarters full. Overloading can damage your machine.
- Clean your dryer regularly, especially the interior of the drum with white vinegar. This will keep it functioning well.
- Untangle items and make sure they are not dripping wet before you put them in the dryer. Not only will the load take longer to dry but also lead to more electricity consumption.
- Do not put items like swimming costumes and embellished clothes in the dryer. The heat can cause permanent damage.
- Enure good ventilation in the room where the tumble dryer is in use. This minimizes the risk of overheating and fires.
- Periodically clean the lint filter as it can get blocked. This leads to overheating.
- Resilient fabrics that take longer to dry such as denim and cotton can be tumble dried in a high heat setting.
- Fabrics like silk and wool are prone to shrinkage so as a general rule of thumb, do not put them in the dryer.
Looking to purchase a new tumble dryer?
Here are some basic factors you should consider to make an informed choice.
Manual vs Automatic
While manual dryers rely on you setting the time for the cycle, automatic ones use sensors to judge the weight of the load and decide the optimum time to dry clothes.
Size of drum
For an average family of five, an 8 kg drum would be optimal. Also keep energy consumption in mind when picking a drum size as the larger the drum, the quicker it dries but the more energy it utilises.
If your dryer comes with too many functions and settings, it can be quite confusing to use. Stick with a model that is user friendly and does the job well.
If you don`t want to go through this recursive process, we suggest you to let experts do your hard work. Visit our homepage to order our online services and get your order back in a matter of hours.