Before I explain this cost you this, that cost you that, ask yourself this question:
Have you ever had to skip your plans just because you had to wash your dirty clothes? If yes, then this blog is for you.
You may think that doing laundry at home is cost-effective, and you may have people around you who make you think that.
But! Let us tell you that you’ve been misguided, as there are many ways you spend a lot of money by doing your laundry at home.
In this blog, we’ll explain how you’ve been spending more on dirty clothes. Moreover, we’ll also tell you how choosing a laundry cleaning service is a relatively cost-effective option for you.
How Much Does it Cost To Run A Single Load?
Laundry is something which many of us dislike. There can be many possible reasons for that, like:
- It’s time-consuming as, on average; you need to do laundry 3 times a week
- We dislike a specific part of it, like pressing and folding
- We share zero experience in doing laundry like we put in more detergent than is required.
- We sometimes forget our valuable belongings in our pockets, and then they’re washed away.
- We might think that doing laundry is a skill that needs to be learned or taught.
Laundry is the second most disliked home chore. The reasons are in front of you. But this isn’t our point. We’re about to tell you how much you spend on your laundry weekly.
Let’s discuss the average cost of running washing loads per week!
Average Energy Cost
When discussing the average cost of doing laundry in a week, the first thing to consider is the average energy cost.
A washing machine cycle typically requires 0.793 kWh of electricity.
For the price cap term that ends on March 31, 2023, the average electricity price in the UK is £0.34 per kWh.
Thus, a typical washing machine uses 0.34 x 0.793 = £0.27 electricity per cycle.
If you do your laundry at home, say 4 times a week, the average energy cost for doing laundry per week is £0.27 x 4 = £1.08.
Average Water Cost
Now, let’s see how much water costs you in the laundry.
According to a study conducted by In The Wash UK, the average model of some popular washing machines uses approximately 46.2835 litres of water.
The average cost per litre of water is 0.3p or £0.003.
Now, the average cost of one laundry cycle at home costs you £0.003 x 46.2835 = £0.138 of water.
If you do your laundry 4 times a week, the water costs you £0.138 x 4 = £0.55.
Average Detergents Cost
It isn’t easy to find the average cost of detergent use as the prices fluctuate. It depends on the brand. Detergents sold under the supermarket’s own-label brand are frequently less expensive. Larger packs are typically less expensive to purchase than smaller ones.
However, a rough estimate suggests that the average detergent cost is around 15p or £0.15 per load.
The Total Weekly Cost of Doing Laundry
Keeping the above-mentioned figures in view, the approximate cost of running a laundry at your home is costing you:
£1.08 + £0.55 + £0.15 = £1.78.
Let us clarify that this is the average cost, and the differences may be due to your inexperience, the detergent and type of brand you use, etc. Thai costs also exclude any maintenance cost of your washing machine.
How Laundry Cleaning Service Saves You Time & Money?
While doing laundry at home can be convenient, it’s also costly. However, opting for laundry services can save you money in the long run. Here are a few ways laundry services can help you save money:
- Energy and water usage: Washing and drying clothes at home consumes much energy and water, especially using an older, less efficient machine. Online laundry solutions use high-efficiency machines that consume less energy and water, helping you save on utility bills.
- Detergent and fabric softener: Laundry services provide their detergent and fabric softener, so you don’t have to spend money on these items. Additionally, the laundry cleaning service uses commercial-grade products that are more effective than those available to consumers, so your clothes will be cleaner and fresher.
- Time: Doing laundry at home takes up much time, especially if you have a large family. Laundry services save you time by washing, drying, and folding your clothes. This gives you more time to focus on other things, such as work, hobbies, or spending time with family and friends.
- Wear and tear on your machine: Washing and drying clothes at home cause wear and tear, leading to costly repairs or replacements. By using laundry services, you can extend the life of your machine and avoid these expenses.
- Avoiding the cost of buying and maintaining a machine: If you don’t already own a washing machine or dryer, purchasing one can be a high upfront cost. Laundry collection service eliminates this expense. Even if you already have a machine, you’ll still need to maintain it over time, which can add to repair costs and replacement parts. You don’t have to worry about maintaining the washing machines when you work with laundry services.
- Bulk discounts: If you have much laundry, laundry services often offer bulk discounts. This can save you money on a per-pound or per-item basis, adding significant savings over time.
- Professional cleaning: Laundry collection services use commercial-grade machines and products that clean your clothes more thoroughly than a home machine. This can help prolong the life of your clothes, so you won’t have to do shopping as often, ultimately saving you money.
- Reduced travel costs: If you live in an apartment or don’t have a washer and dryer, you may need to travel to a laundromat or a friend’s house to do your laundry. This can increase travel costs, especially if you don’t own a vehicle. Laundry services can save you money on transportation costs by providing a convenient, on-site solution.
Overall, laundry services can help you save money by reducing energy and water usage, providing cleaning products, saving time, and reducing wear and tear on your machine.
Laundry is a necessary evil in our lives that we all have to deal with, but it doesn’t have to be costly. Using a laundry cleaning service can save money in multiple ways, including reducing energy and water usage, using commercial-grade cleaning products, avoiding the cost of purchasing and maintaining a machine, and receiving bulk discounts.
Additionally, online laundry solutions save you time and reduce wear and tear on your machine, ultimately prolonging its life. So if you’re looking to save money and simplify your laundry routine, consider using a laundry service as a convenient and cost-effective solution.